Sunday, November 6, 2016

BOO!

BloggerImage
Our neighborhood has a wonderful tradition of booing one another. If you have never heard of booing, Cynthia Ewer explains it fantastically at: http://christmas.organizedhome.com/crafts/halloween/boo-youve-been-booed-poem-signs

This year we were booed the week before Halloween. Twice in the same night. Boy we're the kids excited the first time. But to have the doorbell ring again 15 minutes later, now that was a sight. 

So now it was our turn. I didn't want to do a bag of candy since the kids would be tick or treating just a few night later. I also wanted something that would be appropriate for a home without young children at home. I thought it would be nice to create a box with a fall theme. 

Supplies (all purchased at Walmart):
Wood Crate
Frozen Pumpkin Pie
Sparkling Apple Cider
Vase with fall flowers
Pears
Halloween Sign
Caramel apple (not pictured)
Tin with candy
Spooky Fabric (not pictured)

Cost: $30 per boo
BloggerImage

Here's my finished box. 
BloggerImage

When it came time to boo we first drove around the neighborhood to see who had already been booed. After picking out targets we turned of the headlights and parked out of sight. The kids then, using their best spy skills snuck up on the house and put the box into position. Then one of them rang the doorbell and they all ran to get out of sight. After the target finds their box and is back inside the kids rejoin me in the car, smiles as big as the Cheshire Cat. What fun!

A little bit later I found this post on our neighborhoods facebook page. 
BloggerImage

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback and comments. I'd also love and suggestions to help me perfect my skills as I develop them. Have a question? I'll try to answer it for you right away.

The only think I ask is that negativity not be posted. You know that old saying your mother probably taught you? "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all!"