Saturday, June 2, 2012

Lemony Tortellini with Peas and Prosciutto






Ingredients

  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1 1/2 pounds frozen cheese tortellini
  • 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Directions

  1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook tortellini until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Add peas to pot; drain pasta mixture, and set aside.
  2. In the same pot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; add prosciutto and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
  3. Add pasta mixture, pasta water, 1 tablespoon oil, and lemon zest and juice; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback and comments. I'd also love and suggestions to help me perfect my skills as I develop them. Have a question? I'll try to answer it for you right away.

The only think I ask is that negativity not be posted. You know that old saying your mother probably taught you? "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all!"