Saturday, May 5, 2012

Easy Southern Banana Cream Pie



Serves 4

2 cups cold milk
1 pkg instant banana or vanilla pudding
1 box vanilla wafer cookies
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp confectioners sugar
2 bannans, sliced

1.  With a hand mixer combine milk and pudding mix until pudding is set.
2.  Place 6 cookies in a sandwich bag and crush cookie with mallet.  Place crushed cookies in the bottom of glass or bowl.
3.  Place 1/4 cup pudding on top of crushed cookies.  Layer three slices of banana on top of pudding.  Place three whole cookies on top of banana.  Place three additional banana slices on top of cookies.  Spoon 1/8 cup pudding on top of bananas.
4.  In a medium chilled bowl mix on high speed with a hand mixer combine cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
5.  Spoon 1/8 cup whipped cream on top of pudding.
6.  Garnish with two whole cookies and one slice banana.  Serve immediately.

300 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback and comments. I'd also love and suggestions to help me perfect my skills as I develop them. Have a question? I'll try to answer it for you right away.

The only think I ask is that negativity not be posted. You know that old saying your mother probably taught you? "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all!"