Saturday, September 3, 2011

Vintage Doors

I created these for Berryphotos since I love vintage doors but buying them were way too much money. I painted the other side pink after the blue became a huge hit.

To make these I took bifold closet doors from the clearance section at Lowe's.  I began by first super gluing pretty wooden embellishments to the doors.  I then began to brush layer upon layer of paint in different shades of my main color as well as brown and white.  Then before the paint dried a rubbed it with my gloved hand, sandpaper, and scrapped it with rocks.  This gave it the old feel I was going for.  The more layers of paint you add the older it will look.  Have fun making yours!

Me and my doors

The finished blue doors

My doors in use with a baby



My doors in pink and blue with a High School senior

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback and comments. I'd also love and suggestions to help me perfect my skills as I develop them. Have a question? I'll try to answer it for you right away.

The only think I ask is that negativity not be posted. You know that old saying your mother probably taught you? "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all!"